In our experience, most databases require some element of cleaning. All too often, the good-will that should come from writing to your customers is lost through errors in their mailing making the sender look unprofessional.
Examples of areas where data cleansing may be required include:
- Incomplete data (such as missing post-codes)
- Repeated data (such as, for example Grafton Street, Dublin, Dublin 2)
- Incorrect field formatting (where all of the address lines appear within once cell)
- Inappropriate comments appearing within data fields (such as ‘deceased’ or ‘not at this address’)
Fortunately Business Print can assist you in smoothing out these type of errors and ensure that your data is corrected before it ever reaches the mailbox.
Business Print are experts in data manipulation. If you need to generate barcodes based on your database content or to process your existing database in order to extract relevant information, look no further.
An example of our database processing work would be the generation of relevant salutations. There are many different ways of greeting your customers; some of which will be more appropriate than others. Business Print can sort your data in order to ensure that the correct salutation is used when required and, if it doesn’t already exist, we can create if for you using your data. Example:
- Dear Mr. John F. Kennedy
- Dear Mr. John Kennedy
- Dear Mr. J Kennedy
- Dear Mr. Kennedy
- Dear John
- Dear Customer (when no valid data exists)
Our data mining skills allow us to take one (or more) of your databases and extract the information relevant to your mailing. We have considerable experience in handling data for blue-chip customers and Government agencies and would welcome any questions you may have.
PostAim – a special discounted range of postal services for direct mailing from An Post. The more you send the more you save. PostAim is available for promotional and marketing campaigns consisting of 2,000 items or more. Business Print can offer you savings by preparing your mailing to An Post requirements before it ever reaches the mailing hub.
PostAim is perfect for:
- Keeping in touch with your customers
- Launching new products
- Attracting customers to a retail outlet
- Brand building and Public Relations
- Open doors for your sales force
- Boosting customer loyalty
- Reminders or invitations
There are two standard levels of pre-sorting:
- Pre-sort 2 (Pre-sort 61): For mailings of 2,000 to 10,000 items, sorted to Dublin District and County level
- Pre-sort 3 (Pre-sort 152): For mailings greater than 10,000 items, sorted to Dublin District and Post Town level
No larger than C5 in size (i.e. half the size of an A4 sheet). Also known as POP or Post Office Preferred.
Min: 140mm (l) x 90mm (w) x 0.18mm (d)
Max: 235mm (l) x 162mm (w) x 5mm (d)
Large Envelope Restrictions
Items up to C4 in size (i.e. the size of an envelope containing flat A4 sheets). Also knows as a “flat” item
Min: 140mm (l) x 90mm (w) x 0.18mm (d)
Max: 400mm (l) x 300mm (w) x 25mm (d)
Caters for three dimensional items like boxes, tubes and envelopes which exceed the limits of a Large Envelope
Min: 100mm (l) x 70mm (w) x 25mm (d)
Max: In tube form the maximum dimensions (the length plus twice the diameter) must not be greater than 1,040mm, with no dimension exceeding 900mm.
Further information is available from An Post or directly from Business Print.
People move home. Businesses move address. Quite often, your data can contain multiple instances of the same person or company. Other times, slight variations on spelling or data capture can also result in multiple records appearing where only one should be present. Example:
- Mr. Alan Jones, 123 Skylawn Crescent, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
- Mr. Alan Jones, 123 Sky Lawn Crescent, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
- Mr. A Jones, 123 Skylawn Crescent, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Data de-duplication removes the unnecessary expense of having to print and post more items than you need to produce or distribute. De-duplication will follow a pre-defined business rule agreed in advance. This will determine whether the mailing is to be received by:
- All members of a household
- Only one person in the household
- Only a specific person in the company
- A specific person in the company in multiple branches
Should you have any further questions on our data de-duplication abilities, please feel free to contact us for further information.